Friday, January 11, 2008

Clarity

I had a sudden realization today that in some of my posting, I have made numerous comments that might misrepresent me as being a vegetarian. Let me be perfectly clear on this one,
"I EAT MEAT THAT COMES FROM DEAD ANIMALS".
That being said, I apologize to the vegetarian public if they mistook me for a brother in arms, so-to-speak, I just don't see myself as becoming a vegetarian any time soon if at all. Unlike a large number of meat eating individuals (especially in this country), I understand where meat comes from and how it must be "processed" by means of the blade, to make it to my plate and I accept that (at least the organic, grass-fed, free-range, toxin-free version). I agree, it's not pretty, but I believe that in "moderation" there's nothing wrong with it. As for our vast acres of corn-fed toxic waste producing E.Coli breeding feed lot "food", well there's not much that isn't wrong with that.
Vegetarianism ain't all bad, hell, there's plenty of the world that has this approach to food and they do OK (probably because they're not getting ripped off in the flavor department like the Americans), I'd even go so far as to say that being Vegetarian is respectable and admirable (especially if you're able to endure the sub standard U.S. veggie food), as long as you're not trying to substitute vegetables for meat (Tofurkey?Veggie Jerky? Pseudo Sausage? C'mon now!). Take a note from Indian and Asian cooking, they've been doing it well for a really long time and it even tastes good (most of the time).
Vegans on the other hand, well I think this dietary mutation is more of a recent development for mankind, probably mostly popular only here in the U.S. I just don't know that the rest of the world would willingly go to such (dare I say- silly) extremes. I know I'll probably get some grief for this one, but hey, at least I know they can't hurt me, it would go against their vegan lifestyle! Yeah, I'm a jerk, I know. :)
Eat yer Kerns! -g

2 comments:

gedert said...

So sorry for the years of mkaing you eat or atleast smell the Phoney Boloney!

Anonymous said...

Dead animals taste great.No katsup needed!